Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Please...pray

My husband will tell you that I'm not the most "open" person. While I am shockingly transparent with certain information, I tend to cloister myself away and not divulge deep, inner workings of my heart. This blog post goes completely against my nature.

But I have become increasingly convicted regarding the power of prayer and the way in which it is lacking in the church community today... the way it is lacking in my life today.

One of the barriers to fervent prayer is pride.

I don't like for others to see my weakness.

Or forgetfulness.

"I'll be praying for you!" And then we never do...

Or, it could be we are merely dismissive.

After all, what is my prayer going to do anyway? God will do what he likes.

But we have been pleading with God regarding our adoption. We have been begging for help. We have been down on our knees. We have experienced pleading with fasting, tears, and periods of worship.

Would you join us?

If a birth mom does not sign away her rights by October 15th, Scott and I will lose a huge portion of financial help in the form of a tax credit. (And, on top of that, I'm not sure how many more times I can be told that I'm getting a baby... and then walk off without a baby.)

God is sovereign.

God has a plan.

And God is willing to let my prayers (and yours!) influence His plans...

Will you please pray? Please? God's grace is sufficient... and He is capable of BIG things. If we ask.

The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
James 5:16


 
Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.
John 16:24 

1 comment:

  1. I put your name on a sticky note on my laptop. I will be praying.

    ReplyDelete