Saturday, November 3, 2012

Our Story: Coffee?

Precisely one week after being gifted with the lovely pumpkin, "Bub," I was once again at church. The counseling class I was taking was riveting (and the intern in children's ministry was very attractive). How could I miss?

After soaking up wisdom (which I promptly forgot as soon as I saw Scott), I bumped into this handsome intern in the hallway. We exchanged a few awkward pleasantries. Very awkward. Poor Scott. He was fumbling all over himself, and I hardly perform well under pressure.

"So... another counseling class?"
"Yes... How were the kids?"
"Great. Did you enjoy the class."
"Yes."
"Good."

**awkward pause**

"Okay. Well..."
"Yeah... umm... have a nice night!"
"Will do. You too!"
And we parted in breathless exhaustion at that very strenuous exchange.

A very few minutes later...

Scott, wheeling a cart past me, "Hey! Wanttograbcoffeesometime?" He blurted it out. Fast. And still pushing the cart.

"Yes!"

And that was it.

Apparently we were getting coffee sometime. I had no idea when or where, but I knew with who, and I got a little thrill of excitement at the idea of coffee with Scott.

What we were going to talk about, I had no idea. But coffee (plus a cute intern), definitely sounded like a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment