Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Emissaries of Love

Today Scott and I are getting the opportunity to show the love of Christ in a very tangible way.

Life is full of pain. Misery. Darkness. People walk about with huge scars and gaping wounds.

And we're taught to say, "How are you?" in such a flippant and casual way. There's no way to answer but "fine," "good," "I'm hanging in there." We smile. We nod. We go on with our lives.

And I stand, looking at this world, a part of this world, and I have the answer. I know the hope. I have obtained the love. I have found the sunshine. I have unfading joy.

And I'm going to keep interacting with people as though they are "fine"?

You don't want "fine." You want abounding joy, unparalleled happiness, deepening passion, unconditional love.

And I have that.

May I share it today...

God's love has been poured into our hearts. God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. For those who love God all things work together for good, and there is not anything else in all creation, that will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Because of this we pray that the world may know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that all  may be filled with all the fullness of God.*










*(Summary of Romans "love" and Ephesians "love.")

No comments:

Post a Comment