Friday, December 5, 2014

Photo Journal {October 2014}

October. Glorious October.

It was Anne of the famous Green Gables who stated, "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." And I heartily second this affirmation. If I could go back and choose my birthday, I would plant it smack-dab in October. On the 27th. (Because it's a number that's divisible by 3. Don't ask. I have problems.)

This October was a veritable whirlwind. Scott's lovely sister got married, we attended a Harvest conference in Chicago, and I managed to crash both a Blake reunion (my dad's side of the family), and a Spencer reunion (mom's side).

Of course, in the process of crashing all these events, I packed my camera.

And then conveniently left it in the bag, on a counter, at my in-laws for almost the entirety of the trip.

So, please suffer through these few phone photos if you so choose.

And I promise, for November, I actually whipped out my Nikon.

Someone loves "real" food. I made some teething cookies. So unbelievably slimy...

I decided to stay super-blonde. And super-short. I wish it always looked this good. Usually, I look like some washed-up Walmart person.

She's precious.

Soaking up as much sunshine as possible!


You may need a magnifying glass to see it, but Bets is sporting a lovely lil' ponytail!

Giving the bride a smooch!

Bets is cheesin'. Auntie is gorgeous. It's all good.

The Allison Fam!
{October 11th, 2014}


Cuddles with Oma.

Papa Blake knows all the fun horseplay.

We even got a brief play time with cousin Phoebe!

Whenever it rains, we must play in the puddles!

The glee of suburbia street puddles!

Oma and Papa had a pumpkin patch! How apropos for an October visit.

Someone loves Papa!

We went on a family bike ride! And I'm fairly confident that my father is never going to get on a tandem with me again.

At the Blake reunion with Uncle Greggors.

Soooo pretty... 

The reunion took place in the gym from the movie "Hoosiers." Here the Blakes are, recreating that formidable team. 

Senior pic. (I did not pose him. Promise.)

Harvest University group! First time away from my babies... 3 whole days. Amazing conference. Brutal being away from the little chickens. :)

Doing the jumpy-jump!

She's probably going to resent me... But it's just so much fun to put things on her head.

Oma with her two wigglies.

Bets tried the trampoline, too.

Not so sure...

Spring Mills State Park... Gigi with Tia and Baby Bets.

The Spencer clan! Celebrating Thanksgiving in October. This family is always early to everything.

Playing at the park with Uncle Greggors.

Hiking!

This boy LOVES the outdoors.

Hiking with Auntie!

Yes, that's my son. Barefoot. Pant-less. In a creek.

Real men wear babies. 
Sitting in the family highchair that babies have sat in since the early 1900s.


In the spirit of honesty, this is how most pictures with my children turn out...

No comments:

Post a Comment