Saturday, November 22, 2014

Photo Journal {August-September 2014}

Um, did anyone else catch onto the fact that it's November?

Yeah, I kind of just realized this yesterday.

As I realized that the last time I had posted photos had been sometime in September. And those photos were for July.

**sigh**

So, here are August and September. All rolled into one. Please humor me as I furiously try to catch up before we run into Thanksgiving and Christmas.

We took Grant to a little petting zoo nearby. He was admittedly not initially thrilled with the idea.
But then he warmed up so decidedly, that we decided that we needed to take Grandma and Grandpa Allison here next time they came!


Grandpa (and Grandma!) visited in August. Grant fed the goats for the first time. He now looks for the goats every time we go to any park anywhere. Note to all park directors: add goats to increase your toddler boy foot traffic.

While Grant is fascinated by animals, you can see that Bets is less than enamored.

Grandparents and their progeny near the "moo cows."

Anything that rocks violently back and forth is Grant's favorite. My usually cautious son flings himself into this past time with reckless abandon.

Please. No more paparazzi.

Mama and son. Such a wonderful mother for such a wonderful man.

Permit me one attempted artsy shot of Independence Hall. We have visited it multiple times since moving here. So... if you want to come visit, I can pretty much recite the tour guide's spiel from memory.

Blue-eyed charmer

I just love my mama-in-love. This woman has taught me so much through her tireless, bountiful generosity.

My dear sweet honey-love. My forever-sweetheart.

My children have clearly not grasped the concept of, "Smile!"

Grandpa and his girlie. Wee Bets loves her Grandpa soooo much!

Then, in September, the Blake grandparents, Oma and Grandpa, came to visit! (Not forgetting Tia, of course!)

Staving off baby fussies with Grandpa!

Someone loves Oma.

Whoo! Can you scream when upside down, Bets? (Turns out, she can't.)

Daddy and his last baby.

I still cannot get over the fact that this is my back yard...

Tia and her "Granty" taking in the sights downtown.

Cute for 33 years and going strong.

Bets and I skipped the final tour and hung out on some very historic steps in the legislative building near Independence Hall.

Someone was thrilled that she didn't have to look at the original senate floor.

Some of our family favorites are picnics and play time at the park.

Super-Dad! Able to feed a Bets any where at any time.

Bets' first time in a swing was much more enthusiastic than her brother's first time.

Once again... happiness is found when rocking tempestuously.


It's a bird, it's a plane!

"Bets! Let's take a Mommy/daughter selfie while the boys play catch!"

"Okay, never mind. We'll play it cool."

We made a fluffy mess! (I have no idea what to call this stuff, but it was pure sensory heaven. Just shaving cream and cornstarch. Amazing.)

It kind of got everywhere... 
Messy heaven.

You wouldn't know it, but it's not supposed to be eaten and it must taste vile.

Happy autumn from the Allisons!

No comments:

Post a Comment