Sunday, March 8, 2015

Another Sunday

You know, right now I am tired. (And so, apparently, is Grantopatomus.)


Sundays are exhausting. 

The babies wouldn't eat their special Sunday banana-chocolate-peanut butter muffins. My shirt was wrinkled. My kitchen looks like a well-intentioned bowling ball tried to make lunch.

Sundays are fun. 

I pounded my way through the worship set today. My son told me that salmon and alfredo pasta was yummy. I was encouraged as I chit-chatted and prayed with my sisters in Christ. 

And in this swirl of exhaustion and fun, I'm reminded why. 

Psalm 116:16-17 O Lord, I am your servant; I am your servant, the son of your maidservant. You have loosed my bonds. I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the Lord. 

God is my master. He has the right to ask for my service. Sometimes that's exhausting. 

But he has freed me. So I stand forgiven and thankful. And that is fun. 

Happy Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment