Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Hoarding Blessings


The amount and type of blessings that we have is no less orchestrated by our heavenly Father than our sufferings and trials. I often hear people sighing about "God refining me through this trial." (indeed, I've sighed piously along with the best of them), but I rarely hear someone sigh and say, "God is refining me through this blessing."


Blessings are also designed to make me like Christ. 

When I assume that they are something I create and build for myself, I try to protect my blessings from my next refining time of suffering. But hoarding them in fear, while hoping God won't wipe out my blessings out is not only arrogant (every good and perfect gift is from above, not created by my own hard work), but it is also grossly unfair and cruel to my loving God.



No comments:

Post a Comment