Thursday, March 15, 2012

Confident Trust

Today is my last day at work for a while.

In the spirit of true bureaucracy, my paperwork to renew my license was lost in a slew of red-tape, and within three months, instead of going through three steps, it only made it through two.

So I'm on a temporary "leave of absence" until this is taken care of.

I am not happy.

I think God wants to correct my pride, fear of man, and lack of trust in one fell swoop.

Pride: not having a license makes me feel ridiculous. Like an errant child who can't complete paperwork.
Fear of man: my boss' disapprobation, telling 21 families that I couldn't care for them/their children (broke my heart!)
Lack of trust: if this isn't resolved quickly, what is going to happen?

Hebrews 12 alludes to the "peaceful fruit of righteousness." I desperately need that today.

This is a very real instance of everything working for my good, in a way that does not appear (from a human standpoint) to be actually good. But what is my definition of "good"? I love comfort, success, and accolades. That is my definition of "good." But God tells me that "good" is actually becoming more like Christ. Any circumstance that makes me more like Christ is "good."

So today, I'm seeking to live peacefully, with the knowledge that my God is training me in righteousness. If I emerge from this stressful period more like Christ, then it will all be worth it. I must believe that.

I trust my God. He is in complete control.

And... if you have a license to renew, don't save it till a reasonable time. Turn it in waaaaay too early.

:)

1 comment:

  1. Prayers for you Courtney! It is amazing how God shows us we need to have confident trust in Him through so many different circumstances.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete