Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Proverbs 14

Often working in a world of hurt and sorrow deadens my soul. My heart has seen too much grief, and this only through association. I watch people grapple with end of life decisions on a daily basis. I see persons from all walks of life confront the results of sin in one of its most public displays-- a hospital.

As I watch those who are suffering, pity begins to dry up. People are sinners. People are dumb. People run from God. People abuse their relationships. And as I watch, my heart hardens. I ignore the suffering I see, and instead treat people as another task, another item on my to-do list.

"The heart knows its own bitterness..." (Proverbs 14:10)

But suffering is suffering. People make choice I don't understand. People make choices that are blatantly wrong. People make choices that silently scream their lack of a Savior. But each act of rebellion, is an act of searching, an act acknowledging the need for redemption.

May my heart break for those who are lost in bitterness. May each act of sin, make our spotless Savior more prominent.

No comments:

Post a Comment